For the month of March, I've decided to return to the a-page-on-a-day, for 1: it gives me more space to write and dray, and for 2: I could play around with some Rorschach blot art which works well across the fold (or the "gutter"). At the end of this post I'll give some detail on how to create the backbone to a page like the ones you see here.
After sprays are dry, and after ink is dry, it's easy to draw on top of the ink using colored pencils, gel pens, crayons, etc.
Experiment and report back to camp with what you've found that works/ doesn't work.
This page's background uses a combo of sprays, including the newest member of my spray family, Tim Holtz's Distress Spray Stain in brushed pewter.
Re: BLOTS: Sometimes it's the image that's the "negative" (the page peeking through) that will come out and grab ya first; other times it's the "postive" (the ink) parts that will clamor for your attention. Sometimes the positive AND the negative will both want to be heard, so you'll have to orchestrate them and make them behave. This blot had both the positive and negative suggestions going on, and they all sort of led to a host of monsters.
After monster-creating, needed some punches of color, so I pasted on some words. The words that were added are:
A. From a Republican Party questionnaire Dad got called "The Hillary Agenda Survey". (Sorry; that's weird.)
B. From a Uline catalogue that has a billion items for your business. I can't remember when I ever asked to receive their catalogue, but they've tracked me down wherever I've roamed. I will NEVER order 5 big haybales of bubblewrap, but I AM grateful to have interesting words to add to my journal.
This page used a combo of sprays again, along with Tim Holtz's Distress Spray Stain in "varnished brass".
BLOT: I guess I had animals on the brain! Goldfish and crows and mouses who share ears...
Also another strange central character who's getting kicked in the head with a pair of Victorian boots.
Nah... nothing there to psychoanalyze... nope, nothing at all...
The DOODLE LIST challenge this week was to doodle your receipt. Since receipts are laid out so nice-n-neat already in a LIST FORMAT, I thought: Perfect for a prompt. Plus it's a way to A. Paste in some daily ephemera, B. Tell our stories by something we typically pitch as soon as we get it. But there's so much to be gleaned by seeing what someone purchases. The way I used mine led to my telling a little story about the "Bone Yard" that I've been wanting to document. This was a good way to finally put that down very simply.
This page used the ink sprays and the T.H. brushed pewter spray again. I used white acrylic paint on the clown's face, teeth, and hands, because I desired coverage that I knew the white gel pen wouldn't be able to give.
Here are some Quick-N-Dirty process pics with commentary for your education & entertainment!